Sunday, April 25, 2010

Last Opportunity

I have four beautiful kids, two girls and two boys, in that order. I missed my chance to build my girls a playhouse when they were young. Now they are too old for playhouses... or rather, they grew and it won't be long before they need houses too big for me to build. My boys are still young, still into forts and teepees and digging for treasure under the porch. I decided to not miss this chance to build a great tree house for them. And I decided to make it big enough for the girls and their friends to enjoy too.

I am not a builder, carpenter or handyman - you will see that if you look closely at my photos. Because of that I strongly recommend that on structural and safety issues you do your own homework and consult experts where you feel unqualified. But I have done a lot of research (a tendency that sometimes frustrates my wife), looked at dozens of web sites and YouTube videos about building tree houses and general carpentry. I thought I'd return the favor that the most helpful sites did me by recording this project on this blog. And maybe someone considering building a tree house for his or her kids will learn from my mistakes.

[ Since Blogger has no way of sorting posts with the oldest at top, I date these on the same day, and adjust the times so you can follow this project as you read down the page. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment